Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday Yarn Along



It's been a slow knitting week around here.
But Andee made a super cute headband for our
good friend, Tara's birthday. So here is her latest project!
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/AndeeKF/tara-headband





Knit for Japan Project

In other news, I read this post over on Ginny's Blog at Small Things
If you have time, please check it out and participate.
http://www.gsheller.com/2011/05/knit-for-japan.html

She has a friend that is trying to collect 400 hats for people in Japan. It gets very cold over there and a handmade hat would help. If everyone could just knit or crochet one hat, it could help someone. I am going to get knitting right away. Please see details below:

(From Ginny's Post)
So here's the deal::
I would love to help Betsy reach her goal of four hundred hats for Japan, wouldn't you? By August, when Betsy travels to Japan to deliver the hats, the tragedy there will most likely no longer be in the news. Wouldn't it be wonderful for those who receive our gifts to know that they have not been forgotten? A knitted or crocheted hat is a small gift, but it is a handmade gift, and one that can be filled with love and prayers. There are no size or pattern requirements. I plan to knit an adult sized hat, but think that children's sized hats would be welcome as well.

Hats can be mailed to:
G. Sheller
P.O. Box 9114
Fredericksburg, VA 22403
In addition to knitted and crocheted hats: scarves, mittens, and washcloths are welcome as well. I am planning to create a gift tag that will be printed and attached to each item that I receive. I will update my blog periodically with the progress being made and will be sure to share photos of many of the knitted items that are donated.
The deadline is July 15. This will give me plenty of time to tag everything, and mail it to Betsy before she leaves for Japan in August. The hats will be personally distributed in Japan by Betsy and Alex.
I hope so much that many of you will join us!!! Thank you!
Please grab this button and add it to your blog sidebar to help spread the word!


Small Things





Happy Wednesday Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I showed your headband to my daughter and she loves it and now is begging for one. I think it's great and would also make wonderful stocking stuffers at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me I need to finish writing the pattern and post it to ravelry. I loved this headband. I made it for our friend Tara. Leanne taught her how to knit and Tara's first project was a drop stitch scarf with Inca cotton. So I made her a headband with drop stitches out of Inca cotton. I might have to whip up a few more for the Farm Store.
    Andee

    ReplyDelete