Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Socks

We have fantastic alpaca socks here on the farm. Pretty much the warmest, most wonderfully soft, dreamy for your feet socks. So of course, my 9 year old son has requested that I knit him a pair of socks. I can't convince him that the alpaca socks that MomMom has are better than any sock I can ever knit. He has requested "ocean blue" socks for Christmas. Honestly, I'm happy that my son has shown an interest in my knitting and would be willing to wear something I make. So, socks it is.

Problem is...

I've never knitted socks before. After looking around on Ravelry, I realized there are many different ways to make a sock. So knitters, I need some help. If you knit socks and have a pattern you love, please leave me a comment!

Thank you!!! Leanne

1 comment:

  1. I am all over this!! There are a great many good resources, but my favorites----which worked great to teach me are these: KNIT SOCKS by Betsy Lee McCarthy which gives line by line directions (great until you find a fave and know it by heart). The edition I have has been updated, I think, but I'm sure it's great.

    Online I found a good resource page called How to Knit socks from any weight yarn at http://www.socknitters.com/PATTERNS/anyweight.htm.

    I'll send the link in an e-mail too, that'll be easier to click on. Hope it's still there. You have to do some measuring and math, but it helps make sense of the whole experience.

    ReplyDelete