Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Yarn Along

Hi knitters and alpaca lovers.
Before I forget, today is 10 on 10 day for anyone that participates.
(Take a picture every hour of your day for 10 hrs in a row to capture the beauty in every day moments) For more info, click here.

We live at the Jersey Shore. It's beautiful here all year long in my opinion. When you live by the beach, all is ok in the world. It's been crisp and feeling like fall here lately. The past few days have been rainy and perfect knitting weather.

I finished up the "Small Things Sweater" this week.
My girlfriend is expecting her fourth little baby in December.
She doesn't know if it's a girl or boy. She has 2 girls and 1 boy.
I had such a hard time choosing a yarn color for this sweater!
I ended up with a pretty green blue, teal, seafoam (one of those) and I think it will be nice for a boy or a girl. Sorry for my pictures. They're all dark this morning. (rain will do that to my pictures!!!)
This was a nice easy sweater to knit. I loved it. Buttons are bamboo, purchased as a local yarn shop.
 


 I also made this hat to go with it. Unfortunately I think it's too big for her baby, so this may go to Mr. Wade for Christmas. I'll make another one. Smaller this time. The white detail was fun. Here's a link to the technique.

 More rows done on Chase's pullover sweater. Love mindless knitting.
 Casted on another little alpaca hat. I also picked up this book at the local bookstore. 
I haven't started it yet, but looking forward to it.

And this hot pink yarn???? Well....my local yarn shop is hosting something called Loops for Love.
If you buy yarn at her store at 50% off, knit something with it (anything you want) and bring it back to her shop, she will donate the item to the Ronald McDonald House and in return you get a 20% off coupon for a future purchase. Great idea right? I think I'll make a fun slouch hat. Someone will appreciate it I hope.
Have a great day. Enjoy knitting and don't forget 10 on 10!

-Leanne

4 comments:

  1. I love the sweater design and the hat is so perfect for it! When I get a break from the projects I just need to finish I will have to check out that technique you used on the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby knits are too sweet.
    What a great idea to host Loops of Love and I will have to pass idea on to the owner of my LYS.
    Happy knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that baby sweater is wonderful and that hat, so nice. :) have fun with that pink, what a wonderful idea from your local yarn shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small the small things sweater has been added to my queue now, thank you! Yours turned out so nice! Great color choice.

    ReplyDelete