Wednesday, November 7, 2012

yarn along from the jersey shore

Hi from the jersey shore. i am trying to make this post from my phone. we are on day 9 without power. as much as we have tried to stay positive and thankful, i think i am losing it. my dad secured a generator for us last night so we had some lights, tv and our electric fireplace. The temperature is 39 degrees right now. We are freezing!!!!!

My beloved beach is destroyed. our towns are in a state of disaster. our children are now missing two weeks of school. my husband is doing his best to help his students staff and family. my dads business has been greatly effected. But the posotive side of this all is you realize how much our friends and family mean. People have opened their homes for a hot shwer, coffee, laundry and warmth. We will be ok.

Of course have been knitting and reading through this time!!!!!! 

i finished reading The Orchard, a memoir. Now I am reading The Light Between Oceans.

i knitted a hat for charity, fingerless gloves, chases sweater and now working on baby legwarmers in alaca. i will try to add a photo, but not sure if it will work from phone.


I know many of our followrrs have been praying for us. keep it up!!!!! we need power!!!!





9 comments:

  1. Sending prayer for you and your family your way.

    Hurricane Sandy was a doozy. I'm so sorry about the damage it caused you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. i hope you get power soon. i am glad you finally got a generator. keep warm. sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you. I so hope your power gets restored soon. And school for the kiddos. And businesses back to normal. My my, it reaches so much farther than I had thought. Hopefully you will be able to stay warm now and keep your spirits up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater on Chase is TOO CUTE. I love it! I hope you get power back soon. I have been thinking of you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your are in my thoughts and prayers. I have to point out that you are very sweet. Here in this post you describe terrible events and hardships and then go on to say you knit a hat for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry you were hit so hard by Sandy - I've spent many wonderful days and weeks down the shore and I was so sad to see what Sandy did to it. Hang in there as best you can - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with julia, oh my goodness, hang in there, it's got to get better soon! and chase, if he doesn't warm you just by looking at him. the little love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes hang in there......families are amazing and great. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there! Hope your power is restored ASAP. Your knitting is gorgeous, btw.

    ReplyDelete