Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On the Needles

Right now is one of those weeks where I have multiple projects on the needles. 

I am making slow progress on my Leaves of Grass due to a little man. Charts/lace not friendly to those with little toddlers that think it's fun to just cause complete chaos in the home.

Hence the book I am reading. I am the book designer for this series and it's wonderful. I'm not just saying that because I'm paid to work on them. It really is a wonderful series and this book came out just in time!

Mommy MD Guide to The Toddler Years


The project itself is a pleasure to work on. It's just hard to sit down and work on it for a long chunk of time. 

I am knitting it with baby alpaca yarn. It's so soft and yummy. I see myself using this as a blanket rather than a shawl.

Ravelry Link: Leaves of Grass


An alpaca farmer friend asked me to custom knit a little cardigan for a friend's baby that is due now. The plan is for the baby to wear this for the christening in March. They don't know if it is a boy or a girl, so I picked this sweet little cardigan. 

Knitted in 100% Baby Alpaca yarn.
Ravelry Link: Christening Cardigan


Totally not related, but just thought I would share...

Said toddler that is causing the chaos now says CHEEEEEEEESE when he sees the camera.
It's darn cute.


My most worn and loved hand knit at the moment:


And a beach shot.
Our boardwalk is being rebuilt. One board at a time.....summer here we come!
In your face Sandy.


Joining in with Ginny and the other great knitters out there.
Have a great week :)

Leanne


3 comments:

  1. your shawl will be beautiful leanne, whenever it's done, your sister is right, you will love it. and that is the best distraction in the world, what a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. the baby cardi is lovely! yay for favorite shawls and yes to sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 months - so much has changed and so much has remained the same.

    ReplyDelete