Thursday, May 2, 2013

READY!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is the day! One of the happiest days of the year. It's the day that I drive away from all responsibility, chores and work and embark on a journey that will
prove to be a wonderful weekend.

That's right people.

It's time for the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival.


This year's trip consists of myself, both sisters, my youngest boy and baby Wade.
Wait a second....so I'm not really driving away from ALL of my responsibilies. But baby Chase
is a joy to have tag along. (usually!) He better be good!!!! He'll have his baby
cousin along with him for 2 whole days so I'm sure he'll be over the moon.

Patterns have been chosen. Money set aside.
Car is CLEAN! (this is huge for me....amazing how much junk fits in a minivan)
Gas tank full (also very impressive of me)
Food is ready

 I'm ready. Let's do this.

Over the past week, my sisters and I have sent numerous emails and texts back and forth.
Planning on what time we leave, the restaurant for dinner, should be buy extra gyros for the ride home, what patterns are you bringing, what booths should we attack first, what roving is the best,
what colors do you want, who's packing the beer and wine, snacks selections,
it goes on.....we're total dorks. And I love it.
My dad chipped in $100 for us to wine and dine Friday night. THANK YOU DAD!
More yarn money for us. Woohoo!
I told you...we're dorks. Very very happy dorks.

Weather forecast is perfect. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be my big splurge.
The Quill shawl by Jared Flood


I also plan to hit the Miss Babs booth. LOVE her yarn.
I hope to get yarn there for some Juneberrys

Miss Babs usually has Ravelry buttons at her booth too. If anyone is going, pick one up!

After doing some color searching online, Liz came across this great roving shop on etsy.
Look at these colors! So pretty. Hmmm....might need to put them together for something.
Liz bought the green/purple blend. Can't wait to see the yarn she spins up!
I love looking at color combos. Such great inspiration for knitting as well as my graphic design work.
 

 


The rest of the day will be spent playing on the hill, eating lunch,
visiting the sheep and enjoying every second of being surrounded
by people just like me.

Happy Knitting!!!

-Leanne

 




No comments:

Post a Comment