Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Yarn Along & A Little Hat

Happy Wednesday

I am STILL working on my Juneberry. I feel like a hamster on a wheel.
It will end sometime right? Yikes.

I needed a quick, instant gratification project.

So last night, I casted on this little toddler hat.

Following Ginny's Newborn Hat with Touch of Lace Pattern
with some modifications......

 Garter rim instead of rolled edge. Not the best, but it's ok. I will probably do a k1,p1 next time.
I also did one more repeat of lace row.
 Fits my almost 2 year old perfectly.
 And of course, a pompom makes every hat happy. Knitted with baby alpaca yarn.

I am almost finished with And The Mountains Echoed. Very, very good.
Although there are so many characters that I'm starting to lose track!!! 

Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for the weekly yarn along.

 

4 comments:

  1. Such a handsome hat -- it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just right. I bookmarked it to go with the infant sweater that I just finished. I'll post it next week, couldn't do it for today's yarn along because my daughter looks at the blog and her shower is Saturday! Thanks for this pattern link.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hat and that alpaca looks so warm and soft ! Looks great on your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite hats to knit, such a joy. I do understand about have something come off the needles quickly, it makes the long projects bearable.

    ReplyDelete