Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Yarn Along

Hello fellow knitters

So are your arms, shoulders, fingers, wrists aching too?
Why do we do this to ourselves?!!! Christmas knitting...always sounds like a good idea!
Well, to be honest, most of my knitting isn't for gifts.
A lot of it has been for our farm store, which in turn will become gifts to people I suppose.
It's been fun to see happy people buying up our handknits to gift to others.

Here's what I have been working on this week....

I have worked another skein of the baby blanket for my nephew-to-be.
Love this blanket and how quickly it is knitting up. Thank you Jared Flood for being a genius.
Ravelry: Blanket



My one and only niece requested a gray slouch hat.
When we were together a few weeks ago she really liked my Spicy Rosebud hat, so I thought I would make her one. I am using gray baby alpaca yarn from our farmstore, held double for a bulkier hat.
I also like to knit the Rosebud hat in Stockinette opposed to the garter in the round. I just like the way it looks. I have made this hat so many times I should be able to do it without a pattern at this point!
 

Another Rosebud hat. This one is for the farm store. Knitted with dark brown baby alpaca.
I used a single strand for this one. Love how these hats come out. I need to block and then it's ready to make it's debut.


For reading, I started The Book Thief on my nook.
We're reading it for book club. It's been on my list for years now so it's nice to finally be getting to it.
Maybe we'll head out as a group when the movie comes out!

Hope you're all enjoying these last days before the Christmas blur!!!
Just a reminder to the local folks....
Our farm is OPEN this weekend,
Friday 10-4, Saturday 10-4 & Sunday 11-4
Last minute shopping time!!!!!


Happy Knitting!!!
-Leanne

6 comments:

  1. So many beautiful hand made things.I wish I lived closer to your farm. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable blanket it is.. had to queue the pattern. You're nephew will be a lucky, warm little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read that book too, I have to wait to get it at the library! the movie looks like it will be very good. I love all your knits, so very cozy and I love the colors. The blanket is going to be very beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your hats...and the baby blanket is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby blanket has the best texture. Are you trying to finish it by Christmas? Busy, busy! Good luck - the recipient will be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blanket!
    And the hats are beautiful.
    I know what you mean, I feel like the only thing I've been doing the lasts couple of months is gift knitting...
    I had plans for a couple more gifts, but decided to drop them and buy something instead. I feel like doing something else than knitting this last weekend before christmas...

    ReplyDelete