Friday, June 13, 2014

New Friends, Fires and Fun

It's almost summer vacation around here! 
Last week of school and then warmer weather and summer fun!
The new baby alpacas are doing great. They're live wires!!!! Adorable and running around constantly.

Thought I would share some photos from the past week.


  First fire of the year :)


Baby Grant is getting big! 2 months old now. He's a good boy.
 

Farmer's market dinner always tastes better.


We have a new friend. This guinea hen came from somewhere. No clue where, but he or she is here and has been for 2 days. Chase chased that thing around for an hour. 
And we all asked ourselves, does it fly? I don't know.
Well, we found out!


Harper the dog jumped the fence. And that bird flew right into the alpaca field!
So yes, guinea hens fly. He/she has been happy pecking around and eating bugs.
Kind of hoping that it sticks around and eats the ticks.
 

Cleaning.

The apple tree boys checking out our new feathered friend.
 


Headed to check out the bee hives and found some honeysuckle. It wasn't juicy yet, so we'll try again.
I love the sweet nectar of those little flowers.
 

 The beehives grew! Our beekeeper friend is doing an amazing job.
The bees are so happy and everything looks beautiful. I can't wait to taste the honey.
 

Chase made me laugh when we chased the guinea hen around. He was still in his pjs and the morning grass was wet. He cracked me up. Holding his pants up high. He was so mad at that bird because it wouldn't be his friend.


And I spent my day Thursday doing very important work. Ok...not really. I had a day off of work and I spent the day crafting. I have admired all the fun things to make over at Posie Gets Cozy and I treated myself to some of her projects. Chase wanted me to make him Mr. Basil Fox and I really liked the little deer. So, I made the deer first in case I messed up, then I could do better on the fox.




I thought she would look cute as an alpaca. So I made her a top knot.
Chase loves her.

 He fell asleep with her last night. It's probably girly, but I don't care.
I have three boys. I'll take any girlyness I can get.

 This morning Chase decided he didn't want her to be an alpaca. What??? WHY? Ok then.
She's a deer again. So, yup. Like I needed another craft and hobby. But seriously, she's cute.
And I never liked dolls. Sorry Nan. But they creep me out. Felted toys, much more my speed.
Next up, Mr. Basil Fox.


Wishing everyone a happy weekend and Happy Father's Day to all those dads out there!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! She looks very happy and I absolutely loved her alpaca stage :) Brilliant!!! xoxoxo, alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete