Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Yarn Along-Vacation Style

I am very, very, very lucky to live by the beach. I never have a day where I'm not thankful that a trip to the beach consists of a five minute ride and a beach full of friends.
But it is nice to get away. Between the baseball schedule and work, we were able to get a few days away at my inlaws house (who also live at the beach) It's a great get away and the kids love it down there. So I of course took my knitting and reading with me and got a lot done while away.

I finished up another Outlander Cowl. I'm obsessed, I know.
My sister, Andee (AndeeKF on Ravelry) designed it and I'm making them as fast as I can to sell at the farm this fall and winter. This one was done with gray alpaca yarn.


Finished up this book. Hands down, one of the most well written, laugh out loud, make you cry, can't put it down for a second book that I have read in a long time. I loved it. It's going to be a movie and it's going to be awesome. Can't imagine it being bad!
 

My inlaws live next to Atlantic City. My husband and I got away one night just the two of us and stayed at the Revel. I spent a little time in the morning knitting on the deck. I totally didn't fit in!!! But who cares!!!!???!!! I also realize that I stink at having time to myself.
I feel guilty at all times and don't know how to relax and enjoy if I don't have a little person asking me to make them food. Pathetic. But we did have a nice time.


We took a day trip to Cape May to visit the zoo and the town.
I picked up a new book...I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
and I spotted a yarn store! Had to stop in. Bought yarn from a local farm.
 

BIG NEWS FOR MY SISTER, ANDEE!!!!....
For the yarn festival junkies out there, Miss Babs will be selling Andee's pattern of the Standing Stones Cowl at her booth now! She'll have one knitted up on display. How cool is that?!?!?!?!?
So exciting!


Joining in with Ginny for the Yarn Along.
Have a great week. Stay Cool!

1 comment:

  1. Love cape may and I know the lys you went into :) great place!! Glad you got some alone time much needed every now and then.

    ReplyDelete