Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yarn Along

Happy Yarn Along Day

I finished reading I Am Pilgrim and it was incredible. Terrifying and satisfying all at the same time.
I had many moments that I had to walk away and let my heart calm down. The book was our book club pick for the month and a few girls had read ahead of me. Convincing me to continue and finish, I pressed on and devoured the end of the book. To say I'm glad I finished is an understatement! The book is not for everyone. But if you are looking for an intense spy, fast paced, murder mystery genre book, I would recommend it. But be warned....it will scare the you know what out of you!!!

Ok onto knitting.......
I read more than knitted this week so I don't have much to show.
I picked up this half done, gray cardigan that has been sitting lifeless on my shelve for a year now.
I am determined to get it finished with plans to wear it to Rhinebeck. It's a second go-around for this sweater and myself. I knitted this pattern up a few years ago. It was my first ever sweater and I really love it. But it had 3/4 sleeves and buttons that stopped half way down. I really wanted a sweater with long sleeves and button band all the way down the front. So I am adjusting it for myself.


 
 (here is the original green sweater...and I'm not pregnant. This photo was taken when I was pregnant with Chase. Awwww....I miss that. Not enough to have another one. But I really do enjoy being pregnant)

And this isn't really a new knit, but a recently finished and finally photographed knit I thought I would share. It's the Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL. I put this down for a long time too. I need to stop doing that. I forgot where I was and didn't finish all the clues. I left off clue 5. I am very happy with it despite the one less clue. I wore it this morning and Garrett took a quick photo with my phone.

Yarn is Madelintosh tosh merino Light

Ok... that's it for today! Happy Knitting and Reading!

Joining in with Ginny for the weekly yarn along.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment