Wednesday, June 3, 2015

C is for Chase and his Chickens

I haven't really discussed the chickens much on here but thought I would for tonight's post.
In May, we got 8 baby chickens. I can't explain how happy these little ladies have made me.
They are growing like crazy. For the past 5 weeks they have been in a brooder box but we take them out daily 2 or 3 at a time and let them be chicks. Pecking around, dust baths, bug hunting...you know, chicken stuff. I have three kids and the older two are enjoying them too. But my littlest guy, Chase is the most involved and bonkers over these girls.

I have taken an obscene amount of pictures in the past few weeks so I thought I would share a handful of them today. Most are featuring Chase. My crazy curly haired chicken loving kid.
















So, there's some chicken pics for you. Lots of bug hunting, enjoying these girls, watching them grow and learn. By the way, our flock is made up of 4 buff orpingtons, 2 barred rocks and 2 golden laced wyandottes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment