Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Yarn Along

Summer is usually my most productive knitting season. Longer days and more energy give me time to fit my knitting in. My summer projects are piling up and I love them all.
Some projects are Christmas gifts, some are for classes I am teaching and some are for me.

Here's what I'm working on this week....



Cowl made out of my mom's handspun yarn from two of her alpacas, Lily and Bing.
Two toggle buttons are great finds I picked up at Maryland Sheep & Wool this past spring.
 

Baby cable hat. A friend of mine needed a baby boy hat for a friend so I knitted this cute hat up for her. It's the Cable Baby hat by Pamela Allen. I used Sweitzer fiber mill yarn that I bought at Maryland Sheep & Wool. 


Socks! I'm teaching a sock class and I chose the Rose City Roller socks. Pattern doesn't call for a pompom but come on.....these socks were screaming for a pompom. Right?!


And a sweater for me...knitting the Olive Basket Cardigan by Amy Miller. I have had this sweater in my favorites for years and I finally started it. Knitting with Beaverslide 2 Ply Sock in the Hidden Lake Colorway. It's official...Beaverslide is my FAVORITE yarn. Perfect in every way.

Reading...
Just started it yesterday and so far so good! I'll let you know more next week. It's a mystery so I didn't really want to put it down but my eyes were too tired last night.


Happy Knitting and Reading!
Joining in with Ginny and Small Things for the Yarn Along.
What are you working on? Please share!

p.s. Did you know I'm the graphic designer for the Yarn Along button? If you have any graphic design needs, please visit my graphic design site for more details.
Link is found in the side bar or by clicking here.

6 comments:

  1. So many wonderful projects! And I agree, a pom pom is always needed - you can never have too many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby hat and will have to knit one myself. I'm a sucker for pompoms :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun projects! I made socks with that same yarn. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your projects! The hat is just gorgeous and the sweater looks like it's shaping up to be too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful colour for your cardigan? All gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete