Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Yarn Along- Rift for Rick

Sweaters are my favorite thing to knit. So when my husband asked me if I would knit him a sweater, I said yes. Twist my arm. Joan, one of my awesome knitting students wanted to make a sweater for her husband as well, so we decided on a pattern and casted on last week.

We are knitting the Rift pattern by Jared Flood (I know, you're shocked. Hah) You can not go wrong with a Jared Flood pattern. Trust me. He's a genius and it's always a joy to knit anything he designs.

Here is the pattern description from the Revelry Page...
What Brando would have pulled on over that famous white T-shirt if “Streetcar” had been set farther north. Distinctive shoulders elevate this staple pullover: the sleeves are a classic set-in shape, but a ribbed motif worked from large charts creates a handsome raglan effect. Rift is knit in Shelter, worked in the round until the underarms. A generous crew neck worked with a sewn bind-off allows for a comfortable fit over collared shirts and provides a minimalist finish to coordinate with the shoulder details. Turned-back cuffs and hems in single rib lend a casually sporty touch. This sweater is designed for everyday wear, so choose a color that will work with any outfit.

I am knitting Rick's sweater with Beaverslide Yarn 90% merino, 10% mohair.
It's a beautiful charcoal gray color called, Woodsmoke Heather.
Knitting this with size US5 & 6 needles. It's creating a very dense fabric. It's going to be very warm which will be good for watching our kids' sports games and shoveling the snow!

I started this last week and so far so good. A nice easy knit right now with beautiful side details. The shoulders are the best part of this sweater and I can't wait to get to them!



Reading:
I finished The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox. Good book!!!! 
Now I'm reading The Life We Bury. I just started it, so I don't have an opinion yet. I'll let you know more next week.

Happy Knitting!
Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for the weekly yarn along.


No comments:

Post a Comment