Monday, May 8, 2017

Maryland Sheep & Wool 2017



























































YOU GUYS!!!!!!!! I just got back from the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival.
I will forever remember this trip as the one that I laughed so hard it hurt. What a great time!

This year our group was my mom, sister Liz and Paige from Frame & Fiber. We left early Saturday morning and headed right to the festival.

We had a blast. Laughed a lot, bought LOTS of yarn and great goodies. We met awesome vendors...some new to us, some returning. Tops on my list were the new vendor Backyard Fiberworks, the tried and true O-Wool and we loved the guy working at The Fold booth. 
The weather was cold and windy, a bit gray and some rain, but it made it perfect for wearing hand knits. I don't ever remember being cold at Maryland so it was nice! 

Stayed at Turf Valley and had a  delicious dinner...celebrated my birthday a few days early (and it was our waitress's birthday too!)

It was wonderful!!!!!! I could write more, but I think the pictures tell the story.

Yarn purchases:
O-Wool (will be my Knitter's Dude Sweater) for Rhinebeck

Backyard Fiberworks (the white speckle, purple, apple green) will be the Goldfish Memory Shawl

Backyard Fiberworks (pink/white speckles) will be Apple Blossom socks

Backyard Fireworks (American wool CORMO!!! dark gray) will be the Whiskyfied Shawl

The coral color will be knitted into a gift for my sister, Liz

Mustard colored Peace Fleece (mittens???)

I also picked up some beautiful earrings and a cotton woven shawl with birthday money from my parents. 

Thank you to my mom for treating us to the hotel and dinner. I'm so happy we got to spend quality time together. My family and I all live so close together but we're always on the go and usually with a bunch of kids in tow. So to have some fun grown up fiber, food and drink time is extra special!!










3 comments:

  1. ooooh so fun, and i enjoyed seeing paige - i know her!! i can't wait for our october trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking the Backyard Fiberworks, I love their colors! Hopefully I'll be able to see them in person soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so envious!!! looks like you had a wonderful time, I'd like to go one day :)

    ReplyDelete