Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Sunset Highway













The countdown to Rhinebeck has officially begun! I finished up my gift knitting so it's time to refocus on my Rhinebeck knits. If you've been reading this blog for a while you've seen my original sweater. It's the Super Soul Cardigan by Mary Jane Mucklestone. I am on the second sleeve and I ran out of the wineberry colored yarn for the color work. So...had to put an order in for another skein.

So what to do in the meantime???

Well, cast on sweater #2!!! 

I had yarn in my stash for Maryland Sheep & Wool. The sweater is Sunset Highway by Caitlin Hunter. The whole sweater will be knit with Backyard Fiberworks. The colors at the top are their merino sock and the bottom will be their American Cormo.

I am LOVING knitting this one. It's quick and easy so far and at this rate I can get it done for Rhinebeck. Of course, when the new yarn for sweater #1 arrives, I may have to switch back and forth. 

I finished knitting a little baby sweater. My neighbor asked me to knit something for her soon-to-be niece. Love a little sweater! So quick and easy. This is the Garter Yoke Baby Cardi knitted with Rowan Lima (baby alpaca, merino, nylon). This sweater is a great last minute gift knitting idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment