Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Yarn Along

Hi fiber friends. I'm ready for fall weather, how about you? Not winter, but fall can come. It's been sticky and humid the past few days at the Jersey Shore. I'm ready for jeans, boots and hand knit shawls. I've been busy knitting and reading this week. Thought I would share what I have going on with the rest of the yarn along peeps.

I am down to ONE sleeve. I hate sleeves. SO much. Then I have to seam, and add the collar.
Knitting with Miss Babs Yowza yarn.
Sweater: Illas Cies


 I'm at the point in knitting my Golden Child shawl that it's hard to take a picture of it. So that means I'm close to the end! It's been a fun knit but man oh man, knitting garter stitch with fingering yarn takes a LONG time.

Golden Child Shawl: Link


Knitting for the farm store....Working with gray 100% alpaca yarn to knit up a cozy slouchy ribbed hat. It's so soft. Holding yarn double to make it extra squishy and warm.


And for reading....
I'm reading The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood. 
Total girl book, for book lovers, and I'm loving it. Flying through it.


Happy knitting and reading. What are you working on?
Joining in with Ginny at Small Things. 


6 comments:

  1. the sweater is going to be gorgeous, especially on you!!! i am home and excited for this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your work is so beautiful. Reading the part about fingering weight yarn in garter stitch taking a long time made me pause, yikes! I hope I can stick with my project that is all garter stitch with fingering yarn. I'll keep checking in with your progress for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your work is so beautiful. Reading the part about fingering weight yarn in garter stitch taking a long time made me pause, yikes! I hope I can stick with my project that is all garter stitch with fingering yarn. I'll keep checking in with your progress for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, your sweater is lovely! Can't wait to see it put together. (Though I don't envy you all that seaming!) I know what you mean about fingering weight... I had been working on a sweater in fingering that was mostly seed stitch -- and then I ended up having to rip allllll that work out. It was rather heartbreaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh I cannot wait to see it all sewn up! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squishy squishy alpaca! Can't wait to see your shawl all spread out! -Sierra

    ReplyDelete