Thursday, May 25, 2017

Playing Catch Up



















Hi blogging friends! Hope everyone is doing well! I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately. Not a ton of knitting going on and work and life have been crazy busy. All good stuff...just busy! So I thought I would play a game of catch up and show and tell some things that have been happening lately.

My mom and dad traveled to MAPACA and brought home lots of ribbons! Very exciting!!!

The farm has been busy and thankfully most of the spring has been cool. Besides those INSANELY HOT few days, the pacas have been fairing well in their full fleece. Shearing day is later than usual, much to my parent's chagrin. My mom spent those hot days hosing the herd down and keeping everyone as comfortable as possible. She works so hard every single day taking care of those critters. I don't know how she does it.

One of my chickens is broody right now. I don't have a rooster, so that means she's sitting on regular old eggs. I force her out of the box to eat and drink and stretch her legs. She's all huffy and puffy in there, but her health seems just fine, so I'm letting her pretend to be a mom to be.

The alpacas have been very happy playing king of the hill.  I am amused at watching them run up and down and push each other over to be on the top of the hill. It's all very cute!

(Most of the alpaca pictures were taken by Liz)

In knitting news:
I had been knitting my Rhinebeck sweater which was going to be The Knitters Dude sweater. Well....I wasn't a fan of the very, very, very long floats and having to scoop them up every few stitches. So I ripped it out. And started over, this time knitting Mary Jane Mucklestone's Super Soul Cardigan. I am making some modifications to it. I'll do a post on that when I have more done. Right now I'm knitting the sleeve and I'm MUCH happier knitting this one.

I've also been working on some socks at the baseball games. Currently I'm working on the Hermiones Everyday Sock using yarn I bought from Backyard Fiber Works at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival.

And in personal non related farm or knitting news:
I had the most amazing experience last weekend. I played Carnegie Hall. YES! I did! I really did! I still can't believe it happened. It was surreal and magical and emotional and amazing and perfect. I play the flute in the Greater Shore Concert Band. We are a community band from the Jersey Shore made up of 80 musicians that play for the love of music. This year marks the band's 50th anniversary and we had the huge honor of being accepted by Carnegie Hall to perform on that famous stage. I'll do a longer post all about it but for now, here are a few of my favorite photos. Thank you to my sister, Andee that snuck her camera in to get some beautiful photos of the concert.





No comments:

Post a Comment