Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Finished Objects at the Beach

Hi knitter friends! Hope you are all doing well. It's snowing again here in NJ. I love the snow....but I'm ready for warm weather. Once my boys are playing baseball I'm ready to put the winter coat away and enjoy some sunshine. Looks like we're all going to have to wait a little longer for that to happen!

The weather was beautiful last Sunday. Cold, but calm so we took a ride to the beach to look for some sea glass. After a few nor'easters in this area I had a good feeling I would be able to find a good amount of pieces. I treated the kids to some pork roll and cheese sandwiches before the beach. Seriously, the best breakfast in the world.

While were at the beach Maire, my son's girlfriend took a few pictures of my finished object knits that I made in January. My Kobuk hat and the Zweig sweater both designed by Caitlin Hunter. Her designs are wonderful and I really enjoy knitting her patterns.

On our way back to the car we met a few scuba divers! Chase and I asked them what they were going to be looking for on their dive. They explained to us that a ship sunk right off the coast in 1860. 200 foot boat, still with the engine and stern in tact, they like to practice their diving skills and look for big fish. The chief diver took a go-pro camera with him and he will be posting it on YouTube this week. Chase will be their opening photo!

And yes, I did make out well with my sea glass hunt. :)








3 comments:

  1. oh leanne, i love that hat, and of course it looks awesome on you!! and the sweater, the sweater is gorgeous!!

    we have been looking for glass and are not finding any. we are not even finding debris on the beach. nice haul, those seafood greens are my favorites. and no, i am not jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete