Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Adventures in Sewing



I am new to sewing garments and not very good at it yet, but I'm learning.

This is the third time making an Esme tunic from the Lotta Jansdotter book, Everyday Style. I really like wearing tunics and I also love how quick sewing is!
I am used to knitting which takes a long time (I don't mind that) but it is nice to sit down at the sewing machine and have new garment to wear within an hour or two.

I love this fabric soooo much. It was a gift from my friend, Allison.
I have a bunch leftover so I'm going to make more things with it.
Maybe a jacket from the book....We'll see!





1 comment:

  1. i love tunics too, a little longer for me as i have "stuff" to hide!! i really like the fabric and it looks great on you!!

    have i ever told you that i am a sewer?? growing up, my family did not have much extra money, i got all of my older sisters hand-me-downs, i didn't like that so i learned how to sew. i made everything i wore...shirts, jackets, so many dresses, prom gowns, even bathing suits. it was the only way to have my own "new" clothes. i have not been at my machine in a few years, but i have been thinking about it since you have been sewing!!

    awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete