Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Knit, Read, Repeat (and some beekeeping)







I enjoyed some quiet time at the beach over the weekend. I took a break from my summer rom com books and started reading Knife River, a debut novel (my favorite!) that was just published. I also casted on another pair of socks. I still can't believe I'm hooked on sock knitting. For years I didn't like knitting them. I was 100% a sweater girl. I still have a sweater on the needles at all times but the sock is just so portable and easy to pick up. This one is knit with Blackmore Sycamore yarn (cuffs and toes) and Spun Right Round for the main sock yarn. 

And let's talk bee keeping. My dad has bees on the farm and my youngest has taken a big interest. He loves to follow my dad around and help him with farm work. My dad ordered a beekeeper suit and Chase is loving it. Makes me so happy to see them work together. 

Hope you're having a nice week so far. Stay cool! The heat wave is on its way to the Jersey Shore....

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the socks you are knitting. We need more people interested in beekeeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are now the queen of socks, chase the king of beekeeping. your dad is so kind!!

    ReplyDelete