Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Winter Is Here Yarn Along

Winter has arrived here at the Jersey Shore. The temps have dropped and the snow flurries began.
It's perfect knitting weather if you ask me!

Here's what I have been knitting along with some snowy alpaca pictures.

Over Christmas break, I casted on for the Barn Sweater.
I started Christmas Day and finished it in 10 days. It was a pleasure to knit and so comfy to wear. I haven't blocked it yet because i don't want to take it off long enough for it to dry.
Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed Shelter: Fossil color
Buttons from this site: Vintage Buttons from this etsy shop
 




I am teaching a fingerless glove lesson this winter, so I'm casting on a new pair to use as example.
Knitted with Jill Draper Makes Stuff Cormo wool, color: Still Life with Plums


Bundled up and went outside to play with the pacas.

 Smoke and Bing




Is this just the cutest little girl or what??!!! Peanut Butter Dickens looks like a happy girl in the snow.
 



Lily and Chase


The Brat Pack

 And back inside for more knitting and some podcast listening. Right now, listening to Woolful.
 For my reading, I just finished Half Broke Horses.
I just started reading Everything I Never Told You.

Happy Knitting and Alpaca Farming!




14 comments:

  1. I love the yarn for the fingerless gloves!!! I hope I make it for that class!!!!

    the sweater is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects, adorable pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT SWEATER! And Half Broke Horses sounds good. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the book. I also really likes the glass castle which came out first. I think it helped to read the glass castle first.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sweater! Everything about it is perfect.
    I haven't read that book, thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your sweater turned out and I am so jealous of your yarn. Why do I have to be allergic!!! It is torture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 days to finish a sweater... what!?! were your fingers falling off by the end? It is completely gorgeous. If I had a bat's chance of finishing one in 10 days I would not hesitate to cast it on. AND...
    BABY ALPACA!!!! I am dying here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Barn Sweater is gorgeous, I've bookmarked the pattern. Lovely photos of the alpacas. I want to cuddle them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your barn sweater. I've seen this pattern a few times now on the internet and I am so tempted to knit one for myself. Your winter pictures are beautiful with the snow. I hope your year is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a LOVELY barn sweater. I don't blame you for not wanting to take it off long enough in order to block it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sweater turned out beautifully! And you rocked it out it 10 days...pretty impressive. Came here from Ginnys blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely sweater and I don't think I'd block it until it was dirty :) Or until spring arrives and you take it off!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your sweater is awesome! how can i obtain the pattern?

    ReplyDelete