Friday, December 28, 2018

New to YOU Make-a-long!!!

Hello friends!!

I am SOOOOO EXCITED to announce this epic make-a-long that I am hosting to celebrate the New Year! 



I had the idea to create a make-a-long that would inspire you to do something new. A new craft, a new technique, a new pattern that you've been wanting to try, something that would get you out of your comfort zone. I think it's so important to learn new things as we get older. When I began knitting I always chose a project that would introduce me to a new technique. I wanted to learn something every time I made something new. After 10 years of knitting, I find myself NOT doing this! I have found a comfort level and have avoided some projects that have a technique that I am not familiar with and I wanted to change that.

I also love to bring people together. The maker community is so strong and supportive so why not include all of you and some of my favorite podcasters and makers??? I reached out to a few of my maker friends and we are so excited to host this make-a-long. 

Hosts and links to their spaces on the web:
Just One N Podcast (Liz Zimmerman)
Earthtones Girl (Denise)



Here are the details:

Try something new! This includes all fiber related crafts:
knitting, crochet, weaving, embroidery, yarn dyeing, spinning, rug hooking, punch needle, felting, sewing, etc. The possibilities are endless! 

Start date: January 1, 2019
End date: Valentine's Day 2019
(Projects do not need to be complete to be eligible for prizes.
The point is to try something new!)

How to enter:
Use the #newtoyoumal on instagram
or
Post in the Arrow Acres Farm Ravelry page thread

Prizes:
We will award one random grand prize with donations from all the hosts (how great is that prize going to be??!!!)
Each podcaster will also send a prize to their favorite entry.

What will you try? Let us know and have fun!!

Happy 2019 to all!

2 comments:

  1. i will be taking Liz's crochet class for beginners, i would like to make the farmers shawl!! i am excited too, i use to crochet as a teenager, so i hope this still count's as learning something new!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am almost done with my farm girl shawl and i LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete