Tuesday, October 20, 2020

"Not Rhinebeck" Weekend



































 

Due to COVID-19, our annual trip to the NY Sheep & Wool Festival aka "Rhinebeck" was cancelled. It's a weekend that is more than just yarn and sheep. It's a weekend filled with friends that are as obsessed with our craft as I am. I get so much energy from these weekends and I was beyond sad that it wasn't able to happen this year. I faired very well through this health pandemic so far. But the Thursday of Rhinebeck week was HARD!!!!!!!!! When I should have been in the car packed with family and friends, I was at my home office desk doing work. Not nearly as fun!!!

To make up for the weekend, we thought it would be fun to open up the front field of the farm to fiber friends for the whole weekend. Our friends came to knit and it made my heart so happy. We were able to stay socially distant but feel the energy from each other. I'm so happy we had this and that so many wonderful people came to join us.

Until next year......let's pray that our lives can get a bit back on track to do things like travel. We need it.


1 comment:

  1. i too was sad BUT i was really looking forward to being at the farm on saturday. i was so excited to see "people"!!! thanks so much for having us, the pictures are great!!!

    ReplyDelete