Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Yarn Along

 Hi all! Happy October :) It's one my favorite months of the year. Leaves are falling and nights are crisp. Of course I've been busy knitting every chance I get when I'm not working. I made a lot of progress on my striped sweater. I finished the body and now it's time for sleeves.

I made a simple gray alpaca hat to sell in the farm store. I also started the second rye sock.

I'm reading Home Front by Kristin Hannah. It's very good and very emotional (as Kristin Hannah books always are!!!) I also took out some new cookbooks from the library and I'm loving this one, Minimalist Kitchen. She has some great recipes in there and I'm making her Creamy Chicken Soup tonight.



I wanted to show the pin I designed for Denise (Earthtones Girl) for her Fearless Sock Knitting classes. She sent me a pin and I love how it came out!!! She is selling them on her website if you want one!
I also did her logo a few years ago. She's always a joy to work with. 




I made a sourdough starter last November and over the past month or two, I  haven't taken good care of it. It took me about two weeks to get it back to a healthy state and it felt sooooo good to make a loaf of bread today! Can't wait to eat it with our chicken soup tonight :)




What are you working on and reading? I hope everyone is doing well! COVID is starting to spike a bit around here and things are starting to shut down again......

2 comments:

  1. That bread looks delicious! Your striped sweater and other knitting looks great. I have yet to try knitting socks. I am still trying to perfect sweaters and I am picky about my socks. I love Krisin Hannah books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sweater looks so good and those socks are fancy, schmancy!!! it is bread and soup weather for sure, you need to make a pot roast too!!!!!

    i hope i get another hair cut before things shut down, otherwise, it will be hat season for me...and i don't look good in a hat!!!

    ReplyDelete