Monday, November 9, 2020

Snacking Cakes...who knew this was a thing???







I don't normally have a sweet tooth and I don't think of myself as a baker. A cook? Yes. A breadmaker? Yes. A pie maker? Kind of...But dessert maker? Not so much. I'm still learning but most of all, I have to practice patience and PAY ATTENTION to measuring when I bake. I'm not the best at that! 

I love to read the blog, A Cup of Jo. She had this post the other day and it caught my eye. Snacking cakes. Hmmm. I like that idea. Instead of making a big cake that will get wasted if you're not having a party, this is a small cake. One you can just cut up into bite size pieces to snack on. Well...ok then. 

I went to my local library and they had a copy of the book. I let Chase pick out a cake and then we made it together. He picked the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake. I didn't have peanuts to sprinkle on top so my icing is just plain. The verdict....it was very easy to make and I love the idea. I think I let mine bake a little too long. It's a little dry. But the flavors are awesome and delicious with a glass of milk.

We're going to try some more from this book. It's a nice thing to take to a friend's house for a small get together or just to have for the boys at home.

p.s. I'm never going to lose weight.....

1 comment:

  1. YuM!!! i don't really have a sweet tooth either, i have a "food" tooth. but chuck is huge into sweets so i like smaller things like this for the house. i am going to send you a picture of a mix i have been making. i don't know if you would consider a mix but it is on the smaller side, coffee cake and it is the best i have ever eaten!!!

    ReplyDelete