Friday, November 3, 2023

Hello, November

The warm temps have been less and less these days. The mornings are cold and crisp. The leaves and grass have frost on them. It's feeling very much like November in New Jersey. I do love this weather though. It means you can layer up in hand knits and not sweat during walks with the dog. Don't get me wrong, I love a warm day but the crisp air is much more my speed.

I bought a beautiful book of baby sweater patterns at Rhinebeck. It's the Making Memories book by Claudia Quintanilla. I fell in love with the samples she had at the show and I already made two of them.
Itty bitty baby sweaters are my favorite. They're just so sweet and quick to knit. I used embroidery floss to embellish them. You'll see photos below. I'll include the project page links below.




This is the Claudita sweater. So cute!!!!





And this is the Robin sweater. The pattern has a beautiful crochet collar added to it. But I don't know how to crochet. I would like to knit another one and I'll ask my sister to make the collar (if she doesn't mind!) She's the crochet master.



My plant (no clue the name of it) is doing so well. I bought this last May to go in the beautiful hand-made basket my sister made for my birthday. I just moved it to another part of the living room and it's so happy.


Little Dude helping with the gourd harvesting. These will dry out for a year and my mom will make some beautiful creations with them! Bowls, bird houses, baskets, nightlights, all the things!



 

It was a frosty walk this morning with my pup. Just the way I like it.

Have a happy November!


1 comment:

  1. i love the frost pictures, today and i think i saw one on IG. your sweaters are just so darling, so cute. your plant is a zz plant...zamioculcas and it looks awesome in the basket liz made!!

    ReplyDelete