Monday, January 22, 2024

Scenes from the weekend

Friday was a perfect snow day! It snowed all day but not the heavy yucky stuff. Just pretty, all day, main roads were fine kind of snowy day. It was lovely!!!!!!




Buddy's first real snow storm. He LOVED it!


I decided to try a new recipe. Sox the cat wanted to "help". He wasn't too happy we locked him in most of the day. This boy loves to be outside!


I made Roasted Mushrooms on Toast by Julia Turshen. It was soooo good!
If you like mushrooms, you'll absolutely love this. We inhaled them.





This is the cookbook the recipe is in. I love trying new recipes from cookbooks I get at the library. I've made a few of her recipes and they've been great! I also made her ricotta turkey meatballs from this book. Another hit and gluten free (my son's gf has celiac so I like to find good gluten free recipes to cook when she visits).


I miss my flower garden so I try to get fresh flowers for the house during the winter. Our local Whole Foods always has pretty selections.


I am back to teaching knitting lessons. It's a nice way to meet new people, bring knitters into our world and also make some extra money. I had a class of 4 this Saturday. They did great! 
I cast on for them, knit a few rows and then they get started learning the knit stitch. Once they're comfortable I teach the purl stitch. Then I go from there...based on how they are doing!

The second lesson is where I teach them to bind off and cast on. 


I finished my Autumn Alpine sweater!
Ravelry notes can be found on the link. I love it!






And the last photo of the post...my mom! Knitting her first real project!
She is going to knit the Guernsey Wrap for Rhinebeck 2024. 
She's jumping right in with a great intermediate project. Everyone assumes she taught us to knit, but she's just learning now. She's so crafty and talented in so many ways and I think she's liking this knitting thing!


 

1 comment:

  1. i want to become a beginner again so i can be a part of your class, you are a great teacher. the cookbook looks awesome, i need to cook more from the book i bought. did you get the "dinner in one" book for christmas?? the snow was great, buddy looks very happy!!

    your sweater is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete