Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Wintering












I don't mind the winter. I guess because I have so many hobbies that keep me busy in the house. But don't get me wrong, I also love being outside. Luckily I don't mind the cold as I get older. I dress in layers and head out with the dog for walks every day. He needs the walks or he's a crazy man. Ends up I need them just as much as he does. I especially love walking when there is snow on the ground. The bright white makes everything look pretty.

I started spending time quilting again this weekend. My quilt has been a work in progress for two years. I pieced it quickly but it takes me a while to hand quilt. I had to order a new leather thimble because Buddy ate mine...yup. I tried using the metal one I had but I just can't get the stitches right. It felt good to be quilting again. 

My friend Lara suggested a new to me bread recipe and and I made two loaves last night. It's English Muffin Bread. YUM!!!!! Totally different than my sourdough. It's so fast and easy to make! Start to finish was a little over an hour. I should have let it rise a few more minutes before baking. Next time I'll probably let it rise closer to 45 minutes. Added a little butter and jelly and it was perfection!

I enjoyed some coffee and knitting time on Monday with my friends. We're a good group. We cover a few decades of different ages. I love that! We all bring different experiences to the table. I am so happy I got to join back up with them after a few years of missing out. I got a few rows done on my Inspira Cowl. I'm enjoying it. The colors are so pretty. I also picked up a new book at the library. I'm hoping to start it tonight when I get home from band rehearsal. Tonight is our first rehearsal of the season!!! We were canceled the past two weeks due to snow. I usually come home WIDE awake after practice and can't go to bed. So I'll try reading tonight. 

That's it for now. I hope you're all warm and cozy and enjoying wintering too.


1 comment:

  1. i pinned the english muffin bread, it sounds so good!! they have it at delicious orchard and it is so good but homemade is always better!! i don't mind winter either...i love being at home, working on my crafts and knitting. during the spring and summer, i don't have as much inside time!! the quilt is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete