Tuesday, February 6, 2024

VKL NYC 2024





























So much fun! Mom treated me and Liz to a fun day and night in NYC as our Christmas present. 
VKL (Vogue Knitting Live) takes place once a year in NYC at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. I have attended many times, sometimes taking classes, some years just hanging out and shopping and meeting up with friends. This year we did a little bit of wandering around the marketplace. We weren't looking to buy anything but I was very inspired by all the knitted samples. I don't know if there are always lots of knitted samples or I just noticed them more this year, but it was fun to see so many sweaters I've only seen online in person. I immediately wanted to knit all the things!!!!

After we walked around Vogue we headed to see Moulin Rogue. What a fun show! We LOVED it!

Back to the room for a drink and then out to dinner at Becco. I lost my mind when I walked in to let the host know we were there for our reservation!!!!! There was Lidia Bastianich (the chef, owner, tv host) and her son, Joe. I was thrilled and totally geeked out! She was so nice. I think she thought I was a bit crazy at first! I mean...I was freaking out! My mom bought her cookbook for me, which she signed. Our meal was delicious as always. It's always a highlight of my year.

We headed home on the train the next morning just in time to watch playoff football. 
I am so thankful for times like this. I also finished up a cute little baby knit over that weekend. 
Booties and a bonnet for a co-worker's third baby-to-be. Details on Ravelry here and here.
 

1 comment:

  1. looks like a really fun trip, that first picture of the city is amazing!! the food looks good, you know i am always most interested in the food. i see you got some of the confetti at moulin, that's a nice souvenir!!

    ReplyDelete