Tuesday, February 6, 2024

New Knits

Sharing a few knits I've completed recently.
First up...Inspira Cowl. I bought some yarn at Rhinebeck from Feederbrook Farm. She did a collaboration with Miss Babs and I couldn't resist it! It was a fun and quick knit and I've been wearing it a lot.



I just finished up this Hola Canela Hat by Carolina Castillo. It's a free pattern celebrating the love of knitting friends! We always see Carolina at fiber festivals and her smile is the best!!! I finished it but I need to take a final picture. I used Malabrigo yarn my son Chase bought for me this Christmas. I need a fun pompom for this one.


I have two co-workers expecting babies soon. I made these little booties and a bonnet for one of them. He and his wife have two little girls and they don't know what this one will be. So I went with a mustard color and off-white. I thought it would be a good gender neutral knit. And they are soooo cute! 
Tom Stay-On Bootie and Wee Morrie bonnet. I also busted out the watercolors and made a little card to add to the gift box. I forgot how much I enjoy painting.


Another co-worker is about to have her second baby boy. I made a little sweater and bonnet for her first baby boy (he just turned one). So I wanted to do something different for her new baby.
I went crazy with some squishy garter stitch knits, perfect for babies!
I made the Knit Four Points Baby Blanket by Purl Soho. I have made a bunch of these but I modify the pattern. I prefer little blankets that can easily go in carseats and strollers. So I use worsted weight yarn, larger needles and cast on 70 stitches. It's a very fun little blanket to knit and it's a free pattern!
I also knitted this Going Home Bonnet. It's adorable! I'm such a sucker for baby bonnets. 



For the first time in a while, I don't have a knit on my needles!!!!!!!!! Ah!
So I'm trying to figure out what sweater to knit for Rhinebeck. I have it narrowed down to a few.



 

1 comment:

  1. awesome pictures the scarf looks great on you. is the scarf a knit i could handle?!?! the knits are so beautiful and i love the card...you are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete