Thursday, October 11, 2018

Dreaming of Rhinebeck

Hi friends. I am so excited about my upcoming girls weekend to Rhinebeck. I'm looking foward mostly to spending time with my mom, sisters, cousins and all of my knitting family. These women are all amazing and talented and welcoming and generous and kind. The festival is just the backdrop to a weekend away with makers and creative people.

I have to be honest, I don't have much of a shopping list this year. I still have some yarn from my fibershare partner that is waiting to be knitted up as well as a few skeins from Maryland Sheep & Wool. I'm not much of a stash buyer. I buy for projects for the most part, so I don't like buying yarn just to have it in my house.

I usually go with a gameplan for a few projects so if I do see something that would work for them I might get it. I also love looking for notions and souveniers that I can enjoy all the time (like a new mug, framed artwork, stitch markers, needle cases...those kinds of things) Did you see Jenny the Potter's monarch butterfly plates????? OMG...that will be my first stop for sure. Hopefully I can get one in time.



I thought I would share with you a few projects that I have on my wish list.


First up: The Aito Shawl by Melody Hoffmann


I saw this shawl on A Wooden Nest podcast and as soon as Lindsay showed it I knew that I needed to make this. I'm hoping to find some soft merino worsted yarn in natural colors. You need 6 colors (ugh...that's a lot of skeins) but it will give me LOTS of leftover yarn I think so I can use it for another project like a yoked cardigan or some type of colorwork.

Love & Darkness Shawl by Sylvia McFadden
I saw this at Vogue Live NYC last year in the Green Mountain Spinnery Booth and it's been on my mind since. I won't buy for both shawls, but I'll have it on my list just in case I cave and want yarn for this one.




I'm going to get myself some things from Tuft Woolens at Needles Up and maybe a skein or two of yarn as gifts. We are doing a secret sister swap on Saturday night that I'm looking forward to. We will pick names on Friday night and then shop for something our partner will like at the festival Saturday. I already know what I'm going to look for but the color will depend on who I get! Fun!

That's really all I have on my list as of today. It might change, but I don't expect to buy much this year. I just want to have fun with my friends :)

Liz and I have recorded our "Tips to Rhinebeck" and we will release it this weekend. Lots of good tips and tricks!

Are you going??? What's on your list?



2 comments:

  1. i am only going for the fun of it!! i will probably buy notions and ceramics too AND i love that plate, i will also be placing that on my wish list!!

    i can't wait, i am so excited that i am going...i can't wait to spend the time with my knitting family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, we never got our plates!!! but standing on that line is where i got those cute pictures of you!!!

    ReplyDelete