Thursday, November 1, 2018

Rhinebeck 2018

It's been almost two whole weeks since Rhinebeck. I'm still sad it's over!!! But so happy I get to go to something like this with the BEST group of women!

Lucky for me I got to spend the weekend with my mom and both sisters, three cousins and many knitting friends. It was wonderful. We rent a big house and spend three days laughing, eating, looking at yarn, buying yarn, laughing some more, eating some more and enjoying each other's company.

The sheep and yarn are just the vehicles to bring us all together for a fun weekend. I'm so thankful for it all.

Here are photos from our trip...



On our way!




The view from our back deck.



Needles Up!!!


I finally got to meet Chelsea in person. I am the lucky girl that got to design the Needles Up logo (as well as the logo for Denise, Earthtones Girl) And how cute is that little Lilly?!! What a good baby!



Loved meeting fan girls of our podcast!!!! 



Buns, BEST burger ever.


I savored every last bite. I didn't want it to end.



Fan girls and the Buns guy!!! 



Mom and I : Cheers to day 1!





Day 2: Heading to the festival!



 Our house. I love, love, love our Rhinebeck house.



Carolyn Bloom!!! I met her last year and that's what started the Water Arcade craze in our family. My mom is wearing mine. Liz made it for my 40th birthday. 















My buddies!!! Robin and Purple Debbie. I love all my knitters.
When we all get to the festival we naturally break out into smaller groups. We seem to be the three amigos. We're a good team together.


This was my favorite version of the Tecumseh. There were so many different versions all around the festival. But this one really caught my eye. I kind of love how you can walk up to a stranger and ask them to take a picture of their knitwear and they're happy to oblige! 




Thank you Christina for teaching me the easier way to take a selfie!


Yes, it was crowded. But I don't think it was AS crowded as last year.







My people!!!! We were all waiting for the podcast meetup. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. Seeing people you only see once a year, or only through YouTube. We laugh, we scream like little girls...it's all ridiculous and fun. And this year was especially fun because we have OUR OWN podcast and people actually knew who we were!!!!!! It was so fun! Thank you to everyone that said hello to us!






This is Donna, our podcast winner. We chose her because we loved her sweater. It was also her first time at Rhinebeck. We got to meet in person and deliver her prize.


Chelsea Yarn crew!


The Knot House ladies


Chelsea Purls...and NANA! aka SusanJoy


Paige and Joan :)


Andrea Mowrey...I knew who she was this year! Lol. Had NO clue who she was three years ago and blew her off. Silly me. I also told her how ridiculous I have felt since the first time meeting her. We had a good laugh about it.


If you want to laugh, watch Levi's podcast, WTF Knitting. Hysterical! 


Thank you Kristy for making us all laugh and bringing so many people together! So much fun.


Caitlin Hunter and all the Tecumsehs.


The paparazzi!

YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!! You know how much I love this woman and her patterns! I was just a LITTLE BIT excited to meet her!




I like her even more after meeting her.


Cousin Carolyn (VERY new to knitting) has no idea who anyone is but she knew we were all so excited to meet her and couldn't help get her picture. We all laughed so hard. Thank you Caitlin. You made our day!





Back to the house for dinner, secret "cousin" swap and more laughter. We picked names out of a bucket on Friday night and got to shop for our secret "sister/cousin". We set a limit of $20. It was so fun to sit around and do a show and tell and then gift each other our presents. 








Back for day 2 of the festival. it was CHILLY!!!



Here we are with our twinning Lovable sweaters! Kate and I talked at maryland and decided to make matching sweaters. We both modified the original pattern. I loved her version. They are both knitted with Green Mountain Spinnery weekend wool.


Of course we watched the Leaping Llama contest. Tiny Goat!






More fan girls. This one is all the way from Dubai!




All the colors....



Little one rolling down the hill. made me smile.





Can't wait for next year. My artwork will be everywhere. It's a dream come true.





My haul....




And my gifts...



Thank you Rhinebeck and my knitting house. The memories made this weekend will last me a lifetime and will always bring a smile to my face.

1 comment:

  1. oooooh leanne, i wish we could do this once per month, it was so much fun!! your pictures are a great representation of the weekend, the fun, the love...this is an awesome group!!

    and p.s....i don't hate any of the pictures of me!!!

    and p.p.s....i wanted to take a picture of us, in the backyard, with the view, like last year. i forgot, let's try to remember to do that next year!!

    ReplyDelete