Wednesday, November 7, 2018

November Yarn Along

Hi friends. I haven't been knitting as much as I would like to be. But I did read a good book. So i thought I would share both here.

I finished reading, The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. I have read three of her books and this was very good. It's sad at times and you just want to jump in the book and help the women!!! It made me cry. That's how I know it's a well written and good book! I enjoyed it. 

For knitting, I made a little coaster out of the Mason-Dixon Knitting Field Guide "Merry Making". It was a fun, quick knit. But heads up...there is a mistake in row 5 of the pattern. The errata can be found on their raverly page. I figured it out right away that something was wrong. However, I think about the people that are new to knitting and trust every pattern (as I was at one time) and would have made a mess of this!!! 





I am still knitting my Quill Sweater. I'm almost done!!! Just need to finish a sleeve and put in the pockets. I just realized that I haven't really taken any good pics lately of my progress, so here's a beginning picture to show the color and one of the "feathers" that is in the back panel. The other picture is just me curled up knitting and drinking coffee in the early morning hours of daylight savings time.



Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for this month's Yarn Along.
Hope you are all enjoying these fall days!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that Quill pattern is gorgeous! I'm curious to see more of it when you are all finished! The color you've chosen is beautiful--it will go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sweater is almost done...we need a new picture. it is lovely and i really like the color, i am warming up to those tones. the coaster is cute, i made something similar, but not knitted, it was on my blog wednesday!! i hope to get by the farm sometime this weekend, i want to see the alpacas fully dressed - their hair must be pretty long now!!

    ReplyDelete