Sunday, March 29, 2020

Quarantine Weekends

My cousin was admitted into the hospital mid-week and tested positive for COVID-19. Thankfully I can now say that he is home and still recovering. I was so nervous and anxious about something happening to him and how scary this entire situation is world-wide. I had a hard time concentrating on work and helping Chase with his school work on Friday. So we hopped in the car at the end of the day and took a ride up to the beach. Some of the boardwalks are closed to keep people from getting too close. Belmar was open and there were people walking but overall it was quiet.




I spent my lunch hour on Friday going through patterns and my stash. I wanted to cast on something new to keep my mind busy. I love Caitlin Hunter and her patterns and after thinking of making the sweater you see on my computer screen, I decided on her Ninilchik Swoncho. I was able to put enough yarn together from my stash to make it.



Dalton and I enjoyed some Jersey Mikes for lunch. They are offering 50% off everything and free delivery. We are thankful to have great local businesses keeping us fed!!!



I am BINGING Homeland! OMG. I can't stop watching it!!!!!!!!!!!! OBSESSED! 
I knitted away on my new project and watched the entire first season in 2 days.



Enjoyed a fire on a nice Friday night. Bonus of this whole mess is that my teenagers are stuck home with us. It's very rare that they are home on weekend nights. It's fun to have them around. Not sure if they feel the same way! hah. 




More knitting and more movies. Charlotte's Web with Chase. I was a lazy bum on Saturday. Didn't do a darn thing! And it was wonderful.




Chase misses his cousin Shea so much. That's his sad face.



Our oldest is a die-hard sports fan and he loves his Steelers. He was so happy that NFL network is streaming the Steeler's Super Bowl win from 2009 tonight on YouTube. No sports has been killing this kid!!!!!!! And I love Sunday football days so much that I pretended it really was a football Sunday and made him some special snacks.



I'm ready for this all to be over and be back to normal. I know it's not going to be anytime soon. Homeschooling my youngest is harder than I thought it would be. Balancing work and the schooling is tricky. I try to have the best outlook possible. But man oh man.....I have my moments that I'm not the best. Tomorrow is another day and I'll get up, get dressed, make the food, wipe down the doorknobs, work, school, work, take a walk, clean up and knit when I can. 

Hoping you are all safe and healthy and hanging in there!


1 comment:

  1. we have been looking for a good show, we will try homeland!!!

    you surely are out numbered at home 4 boys vs 1 girl, that can't be easy!!!

    i am happy you are all home and staying safe, i hope your cousin has a positive outcome!!

    ReplyDelete