Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Catching Up and Saying Hi!


HI!!!!!!!!! Wow! Life has been super busy! School started and we are getting ready for the farm to open. Also, two little baby alpacas were born last weekend! Healthy and easy so my mom is super happy.

So here is a snapshot of my last week....

Spent a fun evening on the water with Liz and Paige, sipped some wine and enjoyed a delicious dinner made by Liz. YUM! She's such a good cook. It's always a good time when we can spend some time with our buddy Paige. She's the best.




Fall baseball is in full swing. Pretty sunset after practice on Friday night.


My son that's in college sends me a selfie of him and his buddy every Friday night. I don't know why they do it, but I love it. So I sent one back....knitting on the couch. Shocker! I'm pretty sure we were both having fun doing our thing. 



The weather was chilly on Saturday morning! I loved it. Reminded me of Rhinebeck. Then of course I got sad about no Rhinebeck....this whole Covid thing STINKS!!!!!!!!!!



I started knitting a new sweater. Basically because I was sad about no Rhinebeck!

I went stash diving and casted on a super simple pullover with stripes. I'm using the Tin Can Knits "Flax" sweater pattern as a blueprint. And of course I'm cuddled up under my newest quilt. Time to make a new one. Next one will be for my son, Garrett. Although Chase is begging for his own...we'll see!



It's so rare that I put makeup on these days! I often forget to look in the mirror! My husband always asks me to send him selfies and this was one of them...just after leaving Walmart to get a few things. 



NEW BABY!!!!!! This little dude is "Top Shelf" aka Tito!
Look at my mom and dad in the back. I love it.

The farm opens this weekend and we thought it was a good time to pick the pumpkins so we can sell them. All hands were on deck to cut the stems and haul them out! 








This is just a sampling. We still have the GIANT ones we have to get out of the field.


Liz and I hadn't recorded a podcast for 3 months! How time flies! So we had some fun Saturday at 4:00 and recorded our new episode: Episode 51, Cheers to Being Happy! You can find it here.





Then I spent some time on the porch with Chase to edit the podcast and get it ready to upload.

It was a beautiful night. Crisp fall air...my favorite!!!!!!!!



Sunday morning, this little girl made her entrance!!! Her name is Arrow Acres Venus. Isn't she beautiful?

She's doing great and I'm happy for my parents. They had a really rough spring so two easy peasy baby deliveries this fall was just what the doctor ordered.


Sunday is always all about football in my house! We watched the Steelers game and they would show aerial views throughout the game. I still can't believe my son lives there. He's so happy. He texted me that he was walking down the street, listening to the "Steelers" song and he felt like he was living in a dream. He's loving every second. He's working so hard and is exhausted from school work. I miss him so much but I love that he's doing so well and loving it. Can't ask for more as a mom.


And of course...a cheers and nice glass of wine to end the weekend.

And can't leave out my little old man....Jeter is almost 15 and whenever I leave my knitting on the couch he jumps right up and lays next to it. We think he's dealing with doggie dementia and it's so sad to watch. 



My baby girls are getting big! They are 2 1/2 months old. They're doing great :)



And one more selfie that Chase wanted to send his big brother at college. He's missing his big bro so much. We all are but I think Chase misses him the most. He wanted to set a place for him at the table the other night for dinner. He's wishing him home. I told him Thanksgiving will be here before he knows it.



 

That's it for now! I hope everyone is doing well and you're all healthy.


Cheers, friends!

1 comment:

  1. OMGOODNESS...chase setting a place at the table for dalton, pass me the tissues!! and that picture of you two is awesome, i'm sure dalton loved it!! you look so much better when you smile with teeth, then without, just saying!! when i saw tito, i thought he was wearing a blanket, his coloring is awesome!!!

    this is such a nice post, lots of smiles and happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete