Wednesday, September 9, 2020

September Yarn Along

After a whole summer of not-so-great books...I read two good ones in a row!

The first book, This is How it Always Is, was recommended to me by our friend's daughter. A few years ago, her brother opened up to the family to let them know he has always identified as a girl. With their love and support, he has been transitioning to a female. This book takes a look at what a child and their family go through during this time. It was eye-opening and a very good read. I highly recommend it!

I read this while knitting some simple socks. Knitted with Paton's sock yarn and some left-over green, I made a quick pair of socks for fall. Remember when I said I hated knitting socks??!! 







I have been listening to a podcast called, From the Front Porch, for a few months now. The owner of a book shop in Georgia hosts this podcast and recommends books that she has read over the month. 
When she mentioned Musical Chairs, I knew immediately that I wanted to read it. It was a fun read. Had a nice mix of family drama, friendships and some romance. I loved it.

I also knit a hat to sell in the Coop. Using Sierra Yarn, I made the On the C Train hat.
It was a really easy knit especially with the thicker yarn. It's cute "slouchy" hat and I think it should sell right away in the farm store. I'm going to make a few more in neutral colors because I think a guy would look good in it too.





 

I have a new book on hold for me at the library. It's a Kristin Hannah book...one of my favorite authors.

Happy making everyone!


1 comment:

  1. love the socks, too cool the green heel!! that purple hat has my name written all over it!!

    ReplyDelete