Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Our first "normal day" in six months

 The alarm went off this morning to start our first "normal day" in six months. That's right...Chase was going back to school today! And I was going to my office for a few hours. My middle guy was virtual, so not "totally normal" yet for him. He goes to school tomorrow.

It felt really good to get up and get ready to GO SOMEWHERE! Chase was a nervous wreck. He didn't settle until we pulled in to school. I think seeing all the kids and his principal helped. Seeing all the kids in masks wasn't as hard as I thought it would be for me. I guess we're used to everyone being covered now. His report when I picked him up was, "I thought it was going to be boring but it was fun." I don't know what he was expecting! I guess no fun and just serious sitting 6 feet apart in masks? Thankfully the teachers made it fun and I think he'll have a great year. He needed this. 

Liz and I took the little boys for some ice cream to celebrate a great day. It felt so good to do normal things.... Let's pray it stays this way.






1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you had a nice "regular" day, my days are so irregular!! this reminded me of slipping a few bucks in chases short pockets for ice cream when i would visit...he was so little then, AND, he had curls!!!

    ReplyDelete