Tuesday, January 26, 2021

52 Hike Challenge















 I remember my friend, Paige (Frame & Fiber) did the 52 Hike Challenge a few years ago.
My sister, Andee also did it last year. Life has been weird lately and we have all fallen into a pattern of not really going anywhere. Covid has slowed down our world and I thought this hike challenge might help get me moving again. So, I signed up. It's free and the idea is simple. 52 hikes, one hike a week for 52 weeks.

I started a few weeks late but I plan to make up for the first few missed weeks with some short hikes mid-week. My friend Carrie was happy to join me and so far we have gone on 2 hikes. We live in NJ and it's VERY flat where we live, so most hikes are not challenging. We are using the All Trails app on our phone to find some new places to go. Once a month we plan to find a hike farther away and more challenging.

Our first hike was at Allaire State Park. I had read about the "Allaire Dinosaurs" but had not gone out to see them. Here's a link to read all about it. We parked our car and followed the directions we found online. It's a magical spot in the forest! There in a clearing we saw them. The dinosaurs made of sticks. I highly recommend taking a walk and finding them!

Our second hike was at F.Bliss Arboretum in Eatontown. We saw deer and a pretty stream. I'm sure it's a beautiful park in the summer and fall. 

I'm really happy we are doing this. It's nice to have something to look forward to and a reason to be outside. 


4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I don't know whether I can get my husband to join me though and I am socially distancing with everyone else. Those Allaire Dinosaurs are wonderful. Enjoy your hiking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally my husband was going to do it with me but my friend offered to go. She had Covid right before Christmas so she's safe to be around right now. It's so nice to be able to get outside with someone!

      Delete
  2. ooooh i am so jealous, i would really love to do this with you guys!! i have yet to find the dinosaurs, liz and my niece have both given us directions and we could not find them. chuck goes ahead of me, walks briskly, but can't find them!!!

    i'm so happy carrie is feeling well enough to do this, beautiful, happy, girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too hard to find....you'll have to try again sometime. They are really cool!!!! It's so nice to be outside. Carrie is feeling well and we're enjoying getting some fresh air and exercise together.

      Delete