Saturday, January 23, 2021

FROGGED!

I bought this beautiful yarn and knit almost an entire sweater. The whole time I was knitting it I knew that I wasn't going to like it. The pooling was bothering me. I switched skeins every other row and it still pooled....so much. Some people like this look. Me? Nope. 

So...after the sweater sat in timeout for two weeks, I did it. Yup. I frogged it. Unraveled it and I was so happy. I hopped on Ravelry to figure out what I could make with it and immediately knew this was the one. The Koivua Sweater by Caitlin Hunter. I had some white Navia yarn left over and my friend Paige from Frame & Fiber is going to order more for me.



The sweater has some texture in it but I decided not to do that. I also added a row of the contrast color to the collar. I saw another version on Ravelry that I liked and decided to do that too.

This photo was from two days ago. I've finished the yoke but it's impossible to photograph since it's a bunched up sweater on my needles.


I also listened to an audio book while knitting at night. I have missed books and I always seem to have trouble focusing on a book but this time it was easy. I borrowed my son's air pods. I had no idea how nice they are! They always look like q-tips hanging out of people's ears!

My library has an app that lets me borrow audio books. I'm now onto a new book.
Here's the one I "read"...(listened to)...How to Walk Away by Katherine Center. I'm always a sucker for a predictable romance book!



1 comment:

  1. i thought the sweater looked fine but i am glad you "frogged" it since you were not happy!! the yarn looks darker here...this would be a pretty sweater for rhinebeck. rhineback will happen this year!!!!

    i bought air pods for both of my boys and they love them!!

    ReplyDelete