Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Photo Dump!

Yes Debbie, this could have been 5 posts. But......just dumping it all here!
Chase is in his virtual trumpet lesson right now and it's virtually impossible for me to get work done during this half hour so a blog post it is! It snowed a few times over the past week and I love it. Last year we got one tiny snow day and it was such a bummer. Everything looks prettier with snow covering the ground. We didn't get hammered like north jersey. We got just enough to look pretty and go sleigh riding.

In the past week and a half I also started doing weight watchers again. UGH. Losing weight stinks. Eating yummy sourdough bread and drinking wine is WAY more fun. But ya know....that whole health thing and tight pants are not the best. Liz and I are doing it together. I've lost three pounds this week. 





Chase helping to gather eggs before school starts.


This bread is PRE-Weight Watchers. Oh man, it's so good. I made snowflake cuts in it for the snow storm.





I learned how to knit using the magic loop method. I had tried it years ago but couldn't get the hang of it. So I practiced again and finally got it! I made my sister, Liz a pair of leg warmers.



Learning to like smoothies....not as good as bread. BUT they are yummy!


Made this yummy bowl from the Half Baked Harvest Cookbook. I got her books at the library and I love everything I have made so far! 



My neighbor took this photo the other night when she was walking her dog.


Carrie and I went on our third hike of the 52 hike challenge. We walked through Shark River Park. Carrie didn't wear proper snow shoes so we couldn't go too far. But it was wonderful to be out in nature!





I knit myself another On the C Train hat. My son Garrett stole the first one.

I added a butterfly button to my hat so we could tell them apart.





I finished piecing my squares of the Meadowland Quilt. This is my second one. My first one is very bright and summery. This is toned down and will match my living room well. The fabric was one of my Christmas gifts. I bought the fabric here on Etsy. I basted it just in time for the Super Bowl. I worked on it for a few hours. Hand quilting is my favorite part.




We had another snow storm on Sunday. We got a few inches to keep everything looking pretty!


And as a result of so much knitting and hand quilting....my wrist is killing me. Tendonitis or arthritis I'm sure. So I have to rest! I didn't knit yesterday or today!!!!!! Ah! The horror! I still have to work and it hurts when using my mouse so I am using this fancy shmansy frozen stir fry sauce packet :) Oh the joys of getting older.



That's it for now! Hope you are all doing well. 

 

1 comment:

  1. i am not going to say how many posts i counted, regardless, this was wonderful and it was really good to "hear" from you!! the pics of you and carrie and you and chase are awesome!! love the hat, i wish i looked good in hats!! LOVED the button, a simple, brilliant ides!!

    the quilt looks AMAZING, i really LOVE these colors...

    and don't talk to me about getting old, wait until you are as old as dirt like me!!!

    ReplyDelete