Monday, September 12, 2022

Shawl of Your Dreams












This past Friday night, I attended Knit in the Pit at the Asbury Hotel. Once a month, local knitters and crocheters gather in "the pit" at the hotel to spend time together, knit and socialize. This month was a very special meeting! The owner of a local yarn shop, Balzac Yarns, hosted a "Shawl of Your Dreams" contest inspired by Stevie Nicks. Stevie Nicks is a crocheter and will be performing at the Asbury music festival this upcoming weekend. Knitter and crocheters made so many beautiful shawls and I was asked to be a guest judge! I was honored to be a part of this! The shawls will all be auctioned off and proceeds will go directly to 180NJ.org. 

180 Turning Lives Around Mission: 

180 Turning Lives Around provides survivors of domestic and sexual violence and their families with free and confidential programs and resources to process and heal from their experiences.

A representative from the organization was there (and it was a childhood friend of my sister!) She was so touched to see the turn out. I hope they raise lots and lots of money!



I had the VERY hard job of picking a winner. There were so many amazing shawls. Three of the four judges all picked the same (and it was the one I picked). After a runway show, the winner was announced. The photo above of the woman wearing the blue gray shawl was the winner. It was an amazing shawl with beads all hand strung throughout. The vibe was Stevie and the color reminded me of the sea and sky of Asbury. I was impressed with the work on all the shawls.

You can see some of the details in the last photo.

I love being a part of this community!


No comments:

Post a Comment