Tuesday, September 13, 2022

There's a New Buddy in Town!

 
















Our family grew by one this past weekend :)
After 7 months of missing our boy Jeter, big brothers away at college, little kid an instant "only child", it seemed like the perfect time to welcome a puppy into our home.

For the past year, I've been scrolling PetFinder and multiple local rescues. I never saw a pup that jumped out at me and said "I'm yours!" until one night. The night before we were moving Garrett into his freshman college dorm, this little face was looking at me and I fell in love. I quickly showed his photo and description to my husband and he said go ahead and inquire. So I did! 
One application later, an instant email response, multiple emails back and forth, we were approved to adopt this 10 week old pointer. He was in a foster home in Georgia with his three sisters. The information we received was that they were an owner surrender and taken to a high-kill shelter. A local rescue got a hold of them and contacted the Burlington County Animal Alliance to see if they were willing to take these pups in. And I'm so happy they did! A group of volunteeres went down to Georgia to get them and now we have our new little "Buddy". His sisters were also adopted the same day we picked him up.

My heart is so full. It's as if he's always been here. A house is a home when there's a wagging tail!

I hope for many years of happiness with this guy. He's already brought us so much joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment