Tuesday, May 9, 2023

A Farm Birthday Celebration! and more...





























I'm 45 today! How did that happen!????!!!??!! I mean really...time flies.
Over the weekend, Liz and my mom surprised with me a fun get-together on the farm with my knitters to celebrate my early birthday. I'm so lucky to have them all in my life. A few couldn't make it but we will catch up soon. 

I love when our instagram friends become friends in real life! We had a nice visit from BJ and her husband who came all the way from Ohio! Well, they didn't come just to see us but we weren't far from their destination so she convinced her hubby to stop by the farm. We had a wonderful time and their dogs are soooo cute! Poppy and Archie were the stars that day. She also gifted us handmade notion bags and I LOVE mine! So sweet and thoughtful.

Last weekend was Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival and I couldn't go, so we had fun at home knitting and being together. I always get a gyro and was craving one so I made some at home. Not the same but it was delicious! 

I also performed in a concert with my band. My mom, Liz, Dalton, Wade and Wade's friend Josh came along to listen. It's always nice to have family and friends in the audience. We were headed home and Wade said we HAVE to get ice cream! So we did :)

I finished up my Le Pouf sweater. It was a very fun knit. I have to take better photos, but you get the gist.

When I finished my sweater, I picked up the punch needle kit MaryEllen gifted me. It was so much fun!
I worked on it outside the coop on Saturday with the girls. Here is a link to the kit.

I also picked up a sweater I had in hibernation. I forgot all about it! It's been on my needles since last winter. I worked on it last baseball season. It's a fingering weight sweater and it got soooooooo boring. But I got it out and I'm determined to finish it before starting something new.

I snuck in some coffee and knitting Monday morning with my friends. Tracey was knitting a beautiful baby blanket. (The blue knit). It's a test knit so I don't know the name but I'll find out!

I've been enjoying knitting in the new garden field while Buddy runs and Sox climbs the fences. They're very entertaining animals! As soon as we plant in the garden Buddy won't be able to run free. He's going to be very sad!!!! It's been a great spot for him to get his endless energy out.

Every morning, I enjoy my walks with Buddy. He's such a good companion. I'm so lucky he's ours.

Ok...that's it for now. Going to get some lunch with my mom and sister (after a work conference call)...I should have taken the day off! Next year....

Cheers for another trip around the sun. I'm a lucky girl.


 

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday my dear friend, knitting teacher and helper, you make your own luck!! an awesome collection of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....thank you for the Instagram friends nod! I was so happy to meet you both after feeling like we were already friends from watching your YouTube podcasts! A friend here at home saw the photo of the pouch you picked that I made and she wanted to buy one. I made myself a tote for my laptop from that fabric so I don't have much left. The face fabric is so darn cute! It's a pleasant 64 here in our screened porch right now and I'm loving it!! Cheers! :) B.J.

    ReplyDelete