Monday, May 8, 2023

Thank you, Pittsburgh























I still can't believe it! My oldest son graduated from The University of Pittsburgh on April 30. I'm beyond proud of him. He loved Pitt and it was so good to him. We went out to Pittsburgh for the weekend to celebrate his achievements. It was a weekend I will never forget. I overshared his grad pics on instagram and Facebook, but I realized I never really posted on here! But my followers here are more into knitting and "farmy" stuff. So I thought I would do a Purple Debbie post and share photos of the most beautiful store in Pittsburgh's strip district. Roxanne's Dried Flowers is a gorgeous shop filled top to bottom with things that I wanted! My shoes matched a lot of the dried flower bouquets and I loved that :) 
We also went in a chocolate store that had the coolest packaging! So many pretty chocolate bars. 

And had to include a few grad photos....how can I not? My baby boy is all grown up.


 

5 comments:

  1. ooooooh i adore that store from afar, i'm not sure i could go in, i'm purging you know!! the pottery really got to me, i really love pottery. real pottery, handmade not cookie cutter stuff!! the grad pics are the best, i hope you frame the one of the two of you!! the world waits for him!!

    and you better have pictures of the chocolate shop and of your concert yesterday. i thought of you right at 2pm. chuck and i are full of germs, just passing everything back and forth. i would have loved to see you on saturday too!! i enjoy the "in person" knitting seccisions most and if you were outside perhaps i would not have infected anyone!! miss you...and i have a bag of yarn for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel better!!!! We missed you too. I think Liz took some concert pics. The last two photos before the college pics were of the chocolate shop. I didn't buy anything in either stores but wanted everything!!!

      Delete
    2. i see that now...i thought they were air fresheners in the other shop!! hehehe

      i like the shoes, matching all the pretty flowers!!

      Delete
    3. do you ever take a bad picture??!!

      Delete
  2. That truly is the best pic of you and your son! He looks super fun and cute! Mark's dad graduated from Pitt years ago so we have a fondness for it and our oldest daughter lived near there for years. I wish him much success in his future! B.J.

    ReplyDelete