Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Take Me Out to the Ballgame (so I can knit!)








The best part of spring is baseball season...and baseball KNITTING season! Many hours at a ballfields equals lots of hours of knitting time for me. We recently traveled to Maryland for the Ripken Experience tournament. It was a wonderful weekend watching our son and his team play. They did great, winning 2nd place out of 16 teams. The facility was beautiful, the kids, parents and coaches were wonderful and it was a weekend we'll never forget! I got A LOT of knitting done. I made a ton of progress on my Le Pouf sweater. I finished up the bottom hem and one sleeve. I had to bring my food scale into the stadium to weigh my yarn as I went. My husband thought I was nuts...but he's also not surprised! 

This is the first "fade" sweater I have ever knit. It's been fun to see the colors fade into each other. Now time to pick up sleeve #2!


1 comment:

  1. i am not surprised!! i wish i were a knitter when mike played baseball. i enjoyed soccer but baseball, not as much. the sweater came out awesome, i saw it last night on the podcast!!

    ReplyDelete