Monday, September 11, 2023

Sweating at the NJ Festival!






























It was sooo hot and steamy this past weekend but that didn't stop us for driving out for an afternoon surrounded by sheep, yarn and friends. We drove to the Garden State Sheep Breeders Festival on Saturday. It's a little over an hour from our house. We had a nice ride in Purple Debbie's fancy new car! 

While at the festival, we wandered through the four barns full of sheep and yarn. It was crazy hot and I didn't "chit chat" as much as usually because I just couldn't stand still in the hot air. I loved seeing all the beautiful yarn and samples on display. I didn't buy anything but I did find a sweater that I fell in love with at the Cape May Fiber Co. booth. It's the Francesca Cardigan. My sister, Liz modeled it and I knew we needed one in our life! Last night I gathered a bunch of yarn bits and bobs in my stash and casted on. I'm already loving it! Such a quick fun knit.

Next fiber festival will be in October at Rhinebeck (NY Sheep & Wool Festival)






 

1 comment:

  1. this was soooo much fun, you captured it well!! thanks so much for including me!!

    ReplyDelete