Thursday, December 21, 2023

My Holiday Break Knitting



 

My Christmas vacation officially starts tomorrow. I'm so ready to have calmer days, less work, less commitments, just hang out with my crew and knit as much as I can! I usually pick a new cast-on for the vacation and this time I chose the Autumn Alpine sweater by Caitlin Hunter. You can never go wrong with Caitlin's patterns. They're fun to knit and to wear. I had a sweater quantity of Cascade 220 in my stash (saved for another sweater but this one won!) I am pairing it with beautiful yarn by Aster Fiber Co that was gifted to me by my friend, Sassy Karen. I won't have enough for all of the colorwork so I might use a different yarn for the flowers. Or, I'll treat myself and order another skein. We'll see!

Do you have anything special you work on over the holiday break? 

1 comment:

  1. i still have to finish the hat i am working on, but i don't think it will happen. too much work and mike is here and he talks a lot...a real lot!! i also have ornaments that i have not finished and this darn cold i can't get rid of.

    i am starting to like your colors more than mine!!

    ReplyDelete