Sunday, July 17, 2011

Award Winning Photo

Andee has a huge talent when it comes to taking pictures. She always manages to get a shot that others miss. She can capture a moment that is amazing. And once again, she has struck gold.

Her photo of her two year old, Shea walking Arrow Acre's Sanda won the first place ribbon in the "alpacas interacting" category in the Photo Contest at the 2011 National Conference Alpaca Show held in Colorado. Not only did she win first place in her category, she won Judge's Choice for the entire contest. The award for this honor is the FRONT COVER of AOBA Magazine!!!!! That means, that EVERY alpaca farm in the country will get their copy of AOBA magazine with Andee's picture on the cover. Exciting stuff for our little farm!!!!

Here is the winning picture along with the link to see all the winners:
https://www.alpacaowners.com/photocontest2011.asp


I also have to mention my dad's picture of Star in the snow. He won the Honorable Mention Award for the Black and White Category. I don't have the photo on my computer, so I can't post it right now. But I will get it from my dad and put it up here at some point.

In other news, today is the last day that I am a mom of two boys. As of tomorrow, I will be the proud mom of THREE boys! I'm heading to the hospital for a scheduled induction. Hopefully all goes as smoothly as it did for Garrett's induction. I am very excited to meet this baby.

The farm continues to grow....

Hope you had a great weekend!
-Leanne

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday tomorrow to little New Boy. And a happy day to you, too. Hope all goes well.

    The picture is great. Heading over to see the other entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Andee! And congratulations on Baby Chase!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leanne for the post.

    I am pleased to let everyone know Leanne and her new baby are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete