Monday, December 23, 2013

The Gift of Handknits

I am the mother of three boys.
The aunt to 4 (soon to be 5) nephews.
 I only have one niece.
She's adorable, so much fun, sweet and a total "tween"(in the best way possible).
She's a joy to be around and I wish I lived closer. She's the kind of girl you love to be around.
Her funny sense of humor, love of One Direction and everything girly makes me laugh.

So, when I heard from a little birdie that she wanted a gray slouchy hat for Christmas,
I got right on it and knitted one up for her.

We exchanged this weekend.

Her face says it all.....









It's why the gift of handknits is so special. The late night knitting, sore muscles, achy shoulders and elbows are all worth it when the recipient loves what you made.

I have also heard that she hasn't taken it off since I gave it to her.

This makes me happy.

Ravelry Link: Jamie's Hat 
The pattern is: Rosebud hat by Jared Flood


No comments:

Post a Comment